Sometimes you just need more time – or fewer things to do
It´s Monday, week 6. By the end of this week, we are already 1½ months into 2019 and only 10½ months left of the year. Temperatures have risen to +2°C with rain… or snow… or sleet. Or actually more a mix of ran and a tiny bit of sleet.
The other day I found one of our squirrels – dead – on the street. Run over early in the morning. Shit happens, also to squirrels…
This morning I felt a bit like the squirrel. Run over before I even knew …
Still writing on the new CV and an application, the phone rang twice with things I had to consider, at the hostel the internet was down, my meeting partner was delayed and in a bad mood when turning up so we started discussing minor things. Then a recruitment consultant rang, she had to find some appropriate candidates for a client flying in from Ireland tomorrow – maybe I was interested?….
Well, before 10am I was pretty stressed…
At noon I couldn´t think straight and had to go home even though the meeting wasn´t finished. People running in and out all the time, didn´t make my head feel any better. My office is the only place where I can lean back, take a deep breath and think and work. Back home again, I could focus on my action items and prioritize. After a good strong cup of tea, things were done in the right order and I was on top again.
- The e-mail to my coach was sent with the right attachments
- I said no to the recruitment consultant after reading the job posting she had sent me
- My meeting partner called to say that I could be right about what I had said earlier
- I´d arranged two meetings with potential suppliers
- I´d complained about the missing internet (with no result by the way)
- I´d done two rounds of washing bed linen
- Dinner was more or less prepared
Tomorrow there´s new day – I think I can handle that too!